Sundress season is just around the corner and you might find yourself ready to hit the street and see what the city has to offer, but one question you need to ask yourself is… Am I ready for a relationship? Many times as men, when we get out of a relationship we don’t do the healing, or the work to better ourselves for the next relationship to come. Which then, results in the same outcome as the relationship before that relationship.
When I was single and growing up in Atlanta, a night out on the town with the guys could have lead me into many “situationships” that I could regret later on. But being focus on what I needed, rather than what I may want kept me on the straight and narrow. One thing I felt was common was the same complaint that many men would have about women, but honestly would be looking at some like, “what have you done to better yourself?” Many times we look for someone who is accepting of our wrong ways, but all we come to realize is that they are probably looking for a man who is accepting of their wrong doings as well.
I feel this way all the way to the bottom of my soul, but we attract our reflection. Meaning, we simply attract ourselves. I truly think its a reason why when two people have been together for so long, people start to say they look alike, but on a deeper end we spiritually attract ourselves. So if you want a change in the type of relationship you have been in. Change you first.
Here are 10 ways you can better yourself for your next relationship.
- Learn to communicate effectively: One of the biggest issues in relationships is communication breakdown. Men should learn to express their feelings, listen actively and respectfully, and be clear and concise in their communication.
- Work on their emotional intelligence: Emotional intelligence is key to building a healthy relationship. Men should work on understanding their own emotions and those of their partner, and learn how to manage them effectively.
- Be supportive and empathetic: A good partner is someone who is supportive and empathetic towards their significant other. Men should learn to be present and show empathy when their partner needs it the most.
- Practice self-care: Taking care of oneself is essential for a happy and healthy relationship. Men should focus on their physical and mental health, get enough rest, eat well, exercise regularly, and find ways to manage their stress.
- Develop a growth mindset: Having a growth mindset means being open to learning and growing as a person. Men should cultivate this mindset, be willing to learn from their mistakes, and take responsibility for their actions.
- Be honest and trustworthy: Honesty and trust are the foundation of any successful relationship. Men should be transparent and truthful with their partners, and build a strong foundation of trust.
- Be respectful and kind: Respect and kindness go a long way in building a loving and healthy relationship. Men should be respectful of their partner’s feelings and needs, and treat them with kindness and care.
- Show appreciation and gratitude: Expressing gratitude and appreciation can create a positive atmosphere in a relationship. Men should learn to acknowledge their partner’s efforts and express gratitude for the things they do.
- Prioritize the relationship: A relationship requires effort and attention. Men should prioritize their relationship, spend quality time together, and make an effort to keep the spark alive.
- Learn to compromise: In any relationship, there will be disagreements and conflicts. Men should learn to compromise, find common ground, and work toward a solution that benefits both partners.